Tuesday, January 11, 2011

#1 on 11.1.2011

First post in year 2011 - a year which started off awesome, and which I know would continue to be so (because I resolve to create awesomeness, even from the most mundane of life routines).

Lots of love for my sister and her special one, for inviting me to tag along with them to a stroll in the city.
Gratitude to my friends who warmly took me in as part of their countdown outing (my first ever).
Bear hugs and kisses to my lovely daddy and mummy who completely crossed their boundaries to allow me to have a different and fun start to the new year. (Happy 30th Anniversary!)
Praise to the All Seeing, All Knowing, Always Creating One for providing me with the motivation that I need to "get things going" (I am still on ground Unsteady but I am working on it).
Thanks to a friend of mine who is always willing to keep me company, especially when I am bombarded with sudden pangs of loneliness.
Much appreciation for my friend with the beautiful eyes for taking such good care of my plant when I was away.
Shout out to the cleaners who left a very meaningful note under the door of my friend's room.
Thanks to her for showing me how to make anyone feel like "a hundred dollars" (I quote Oskar from "Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close" by Jonathan Safran Foer).

I have an abundance of beautiful, amazing individuals and life happenings to be thankful for, and this is balanced by the abundance of beautiful, amazing things that I can create and learn from in this fresh new year.

What I have learned so far from the beginning of 2011:
* I have the power and strength to break away from my own habits or tendencies.
* I can do so much more to make the people around me feel more appreciated.
* I can feel free to expect more than what I set my expectations to be. Because anything is possible.
* Hold on dearly to family and friends. They are the ones who make life more awesome than it already is.

You, I, Life, Mother Earth.
Awesomeness in the making.

No comments:

Post a Comment