Monday, September 28, 2009

The One with the Hand of Water

It rained quite heavily when I was in school today. Sudden pour which didn't last for long. Happens pretty often. But it was not until today that I noticed how, when it rains, a place, an object, a person, anything - would look as if they are further away compared to days when sunshine decides to watch over us closely. I have always noticed the tranquil and sense of calmness that rainfall brings, but never this. Yet, despite the distance, that place, that object, that person, that something - feels more welcoming, warmer. (This gets me thinking - are romantic scenes more romantic when that couple who have braved all odds are finally able to share love's unification under the blessings of the One with the Hand of Water? Compare that to the One with the Hand of Rays. But I'm referring specifically to movie-making here. Life has so much to offer in every beautiful location, each in its own distinct way.)

I failed to do one thing today, though. I failed to look up after rainfall decided to shower upon another land. I simply forgot. Perhaps "forgot" is an understatement. I didn't bother to. I simply didn't bother admiring the beauty that was left behind. Perhaps I need to post a note in my books - LOOK UP. THE ONE WITH THE HAND OF WATER WOULD APPRECIATE IT. In fact, I failed to realise (not until now) how I managed to cross the street so easily when school ended today (rain droplets took the place of rainfall). So much for the Dawn of Realisation at school.

Here's an apology to the one I owe my glance:

Mighty waters,
Giving fullness,
Feeding one,
To feed all ones.

Subtle traces,
You leave behind,
Non-glancing faces,
Yet you never mind.

Salutations to the One with the Hand of Water,
Look up.

No comments:

Post a Comment